What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

05 October 2007

The Haircut

So, if you haven't seen me in a while, my hair has gotten kind of long:


I wear it up when it is hot.








Combing it out before I went to get it cut.








From this angle, I could well be Amanda. But I'm not. (I think our hair waves in different spots.)










The last long-hair shot.











And this week I decided that doing my hair half-a-dozen times a day was just too much, and it was time to go back to a length that doesn't require taking it all down just because I want to ride my bike, and then up again if I want to do anything else. And while I was at it, I decided a new colour was in order.

So here we have the new hair:


Sticking out in all directions (something new for me)!








Still waves in the same spot...








And I think this is the only one in which the colour is really visible.

3 comments:

Kar said...

Wow, you're hair had gotten really long. I like the new 'do. :) I am planning to cut mine very short soon, too; it's gotten quite long tho only half as long as yours (it reaches to the bottom of my shoulderblades).

Also, you speak Gaelic? *jealousy, jealousy...* They're actually offering a class here on Gaelic but I don't have time to take it. Much temptation. :(

Su said...

Are you going to colour it as well?

Kar said...

I would really like to color mine, but I doubt I can afford to right now.. :( If I do though I've been thinking how nice chocolate brown with light, sort of caramel highlights would look. I don't know if I'm sure I want that yet or not, but I've seen people with dark hair do the caramel thing (my word for it, not theirs) and it looks really good. If I do, I'll show you a picture. :D

And as to your question... hmm.. I don't know, but I could just learn Hebrew or something and speak that out loud to myself.. I do think it would be cool to learn Hebrew.