What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

17 November 2008

So, just how many of them ARE there?

My supervisor informed me today that the new Bond movie is good, but it is all in jiggly cam. So, I guess I'll be waiting for the DVD-- I'm not sitting through another one of those.

I've also heard that Fireproof is worth a trip to the theatre. Our Bible class chairman actually went so far as to say, "If you only go to one movie a year, make it this one."

Dude. I didn't even go to the theatre for Prince Caspian. Actually, I couldn't even tell you the last movie I saw in the theatre.

Anyway, as I figure it, there must be 10 agents with "double-O status", right? Double-Os 0 through 9? (I would hate to be Double-O Zero.) I mean, imagine being Double-O Thirty-Four. That seems a bit silly. And then after you've been a double-O for a while, you are assigned a letter, yes? (Can I be E? Or perhaps W; that might make for a smoother transition from double-O status. At least I'd still have the "double".)

Pierce Brosnan is my favourite Bond. In case you were making a list, or something.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morgan thinks the new Bond isn't as jiggly as Bourne... I personally didn't think either was very jiggly, but I don't think I notice.
I never really cared for Bond movies, but if I had to pick I would have said Brosnam was my favorite until now... Daniel Craig is an amazing Bond and I hope does lots more of them!!
I have refused to watch Fireproof because EVERYONE went all nutty about it and told me that I needed to see it to have a good marriage. What?!?! I think that is retarded. I go to movies for entertainment and because I love movies, not so I can learn how to be a better person or Christian or whatever.
But whatever, that is just me! :)
So there are my two cents ...

Sarah said...

You know, I have never seen a Bond movie - ever. I'm darn proud of that!

:D

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Su said...

Okay, anonymous, if you are going to comment without telling me your name, then at least try to spell and punctuate things correctly! This is a very OCD blog! And, if you are going to be jerky without leaving your name, then I will delete your comment. Boy, that was fun!

Nora-- I think it's hysterical that people said you "need" to see Fireproof to have a good marriage! Did you tell them you'll just read the book? Also, I like Daniel Craig as well... so I may have a new favourite after a couple more movies.

Sarah-- I never saw a Bond movie until I went to college, because action movies aren't usually my thing. But, alas, I got addicted. You may be better off not watching them! :)

Anonymous said...

LOL - Susan, remind me not to make you mad at me! EVER! :)

Su said...

No, no, you can be as jerky as you like, since you at least always leave your name (and I know how to find you... mwah hah hah hah)! Within reason, of course! :) And feel free to create your own spelling, etc. It just annoyed me that someone dropped by to be ugly to my few but faithful commenters, and couldn't even leave a forwarding address. So, I once again reserve the right to use the delete button on my own blog.

Anonymous said...

WHEW!!! I was worried my horrible spelling and grammer would surely get me kicked of your blog forever! :P Yay!!!