What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

03 April 2009

I Love Michael J. Fox

And I have done, ever since I was a toddler and he was a 20-something teenager on Family Ties. It was a sad day for me when I was about 9 or something and heard that he was not only happily married, but also much too old for me.

Anyway, so I'm watching him on Letterman. And it makes me sad that Parkinson disease is wreaking such havoc on him. However, I do appreciate his willingness to use his own position to help those likewise afflicted who don't have a household name.

And I'm running along to my local library with all due haste to check out Always Looking Up.

3 comments:

Haley said...

I too love him; just saw yesterday that he has a book out and almost bought it at the airport today!

Kar said...

I never really watched any of the shows he was on regularly as a kid, but I'll have to admit I liked him too, and feel sympathy for what he is going through. I'll have to check into the book...

Su said...

It was $18 at Wal-Mart yesterday, so I'm sticking to the local library theory. Maybe I'll buy it when it comes out in paperback. :)