What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

27 September 2010

Random Thought O' The Week.

Hi, my name is Su and I'm a Blogger.

I've never been to an AA (or any of its spin-off groups) meeting, but I've seen enough of them on TV to know that's how a speaker begins. And because I am a person of much cheek, that's what I think of whenever someone introduces him/herself. I'm sure there is some way in which that is completely inappropriate, but I'm not bothered.

Case point: The youth minister at church got up a few Sundays ago and said, "Hi, my name is Bryan and I'm the youth minister." And I had to hold myself back from replying, "Hi, Bryan!"

Although I did write it on my notepad. Because that's the kind of brain that I carry around with me. It's fun in here.

2 comments:

Aaron said...

Awesome. I think you might have broke some laughter... and I bet he half expected an answer like that, too.

Su said...

I did snicker inappropriately, but I tried to keep it quiet. The people sitting around us don't have neurotic brains (as far as I know). :)