What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

29 October 2010

Meet the Penciler of Songs

As part of my 700th post giveaway, the winner and the runner-up both agreed to an interview similar to the one employed by James Lipton at the end of Inside the Actors Studio.



The Penciler of Songs, who I also refer to as the Songstress, is a long-time friend from Lubbock. I'm so glad she took part in this interview, because it was fun for me to read her answers to the questions, and I hope it will bring happiness to you, too. As a bonus, the Penciler of Songs is about to be published; a song she wrote will be in the upcoming edition of The Paperless Hymnal. (That's right; "Penciler of Songs" is a description, not just a clever nickname!)




1.    What is your favorite word?
"Like." Love has too many loopholes. I like, "Like."

2.    What is your least favorite word?
"Must" as in "have to." Nuh uh.

3.    What thing(s) make you the happiest?
Sounds. They don't even have to be musical sounds. I'm quite thankful for my sense of hearing.

4.    What thing(s) make you unhappy?
Broken relationships. Marriages, siblings, families.

5.    What sound or noise do you love?
Giggles. Young and old. Joyful or embarrassed. Giggles.

6.    What sound or noise do you hate?
Electronic squeals. Microphones, worn bearings, etc.

7.    What is your favorite comfort food?
Chocolate. 2nd, chicken and dumplings.

8.    What profession other than your own would you like to attempt?
Ministry adjunct at the University level. 

9.    What profession would you not like to do?
Life guard.

10. What would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates?
"I've missed you."


Thank you for participating! There is one more post to go in conjunction with the first Cheeky giveaway: Megan's guest post will be arriving tomorrow. Come back to read what she has to say!

4 comments:

Timbra Wiist said...

giggles, i think she got that one!! it's the best sound, young and old. . . giggles. . . happiness that can't be stopped, erupting from the body :)

Su said...

She's quite the giggler herself! :) That's probably what comes from having two girls...

Anonymous said...

Love.....no, no, no.....Like it!!

Su said...

Hee hee.