What are we talking about today?

Some days have themes. I don't necessarily post something in each of these topic areas every week.

Sunday: Church-related or spiritual things.
Monday: Running.
Tuesday: Books.
Friday: Green living.

13 April 2011

K is for Kickstand

Okay, this story is actually kickstand-free, but I couldn't think of another bike-related "K" word.

For today's version of Without a Car Wednesday, I'm guest blogging at Austin on Two Wheels. Here's a peek; click the link to read the whole thing. Enjoy!

I got some confirmation that cycling instead of taking the bus had been my best decision—there was a striping truck, painting the outer line of the bike lane on Manor Road. And behind the slow-moving truck was a line of traffic, all unable to pass because they were going uphill. Finally, one of those opportunities I dream about: I didn’t exactly zoom past the traffic, but even though I was crawling uphill, I still crawled faster than the truck. I passed them all and reached the next stoplight feeling inordinately pleased with myself.

Story continues here...

8 comments:

Charlie's Church of Christ said...

I love when traffic is at a light and I'm approaching as the light turns green and I breeze by everyone. I try to cycle as fast as possible so they see just how rad it is to be on a bike.

(then they catch up)

Su said...

Me, too. It's the "then they catch up" bit that's a bummer.

erica and christy said...

I met a virtual-friend for lunch this weekend and when I had to admit I don't have a cell phone, she admitted she didn't even have a driver's license. This, I don't understand...
:) and <3
erica

Su said...

I have both! Yikes! The first time Chad called me while I was riding, I felt like such a dork-- on the phone while holding a bike! Now I do it without a second thought (although I do still pull over to talk).

Trisha said...

Kickstand is also a song by Soundgarden. Hehe.

Su said...

Nice.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I'm getting new bike for Mother's Day. I can't ride to work but I can do a lot of riding around here.

Su said...

Yay! I've definitely worked up to this distance of bike-riding. No need to jump into too much!

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...