What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

01 January 2012

Ten Years

A lot can happen in ten years, it turns out. And while I'm not going to recap it all for you, let's pause for a second... oh, never mind. Ten years is both long and short, fast and slow, etc., and ten years ago today I was doing this:

We still look exactly like this! Tee hee...


I love you so much, Chadwick! Thanks for lighting up my life, keeping me entertained, making sure I stay tucked in at night, and cuddling on the couch. Here's to many more decades.

Denise (maid of honour) and me.

Our cousin Jimmy and my brother Billy. (Can you tell we're from Indiana? The
names really give it away, methinks.) This was just sparkling cider, but Billy
was not about to let a good opportunity for teasing our very teetotal
Grandmother get away. I think she's still not sure about what we were serving.

These are my cousin's very adorable children. They
are now teenagers (and still adorable, BTW) and according
to their mother they would never be caught dead showing
one another this much affection these days. Ah, sibling love.

This is my father's default expression.
No, seriously.
I think Jeff Dunham got the idea for one of
his puppets after a chance encounter with
my father at a restaurant. (Click the link.
You won't be disappointed.)

8 comments:

Abhishek said...

The kids are really very very adorable!!

Ten years is a long time!! :-)

with warm regards
Another Author

Anonymous said...

OMG girl....dead ringer.

Tyrean Martinson said...

Sweet! Happy Anniversary!!!

J E Fritz said...

You got married on New Years? How nice! Happy tenth anniversary!

a runners' life said...

Wow, ten years is a long time. Congrats, and happy anniversary!

Donna Shields said...

Happy Anniversary :)

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Happy anniversary, and many more!

Su said...

Thanks, everybody! Some friends at church surprised us with a lunch invite, so we got a free meal on our anniversary (they didn't know it was our special day until we were nearly done eating). Plus, they opted for Thai, so I got the curry that I was hoping for. All in all, it was a great day. :D