But, it's also Friday, so I would be remiss if I didn't make some suggestions on how to green up your Olympic viewing. Here goes:
1. Go watch at a neighbour's house. Then, your two houses will only need to use half as much electricity as before. Of course, you could achieve the same effect if your neighbour comes to your house to watch, but then it's on your bill instead of theirs.
2. If your neighbour isn't keen on this suggestion, sit in his/her backyard with binoculars. Don't worry about spilling popcorn on the lawn; the birds will eat it!
3. If you must watch alone, turn off all the lights in the house to compensate for the extra electricity you'll be using.
4. Buy bigger bags of snacks instead of smaller ones. They'll last longer and you'll save on packaging.
5. And don't bother cooking anything. Then you won't have to do any dishes, either.
6. Borrow a flag from a local high school instead of buying your own. Return it after the Olympics are over. This is easiest if you go after dark.
7. Just wear the same clothes for the whole Games. Less washing and you aren't moving from the couch anyway, right?
8. If you actually take any of these suggestions, you totally deserve what happens to you. Have fun and happy watching!