What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

26 November 2013

In My Mailbox: Utilitarian Reads

Not my literal mailbox, since most of these came from the library, but here are books I've read either for class or for my work this semester. (I have to say I'm looking forward to the day when I can think of seasons as seasons again, and not semesters.) All images are from the Goodreads page at the links, unless otherwise noted.


Central Works in Technical Communication, Johndan Johnson-Eilola and Stuart A. Selber. School.









Content Strategy for the Web, Kristina Halvorson and Melissa Rach. Work.










Image Source:
Austin Public Library.

Conversation and Community: The Social Web for Documentation, Anne Gentle. Work.












Ctrl Alt Delete: Reboot Your Business. Reboot Your Life. Your Future Depends on It, Mitch Joel. Work.










The Foundation Center's Guide to Proposal Writing, Jane C. Geever. School.









Grant Seeking in an Electronic Age, Victoria Mikelonis. School.













While my post-semester to-read list is incredibly long, and I'm looking forward to diving into it, I'm also open to suggestions. What's something you've read lately that needs a spot at the top of my list?

1 comment:

ClevelandJoe @ The Frolicking Fells said...

I am about to finish the new John Grisham book Sycamore Row tonight. It is amazing! Highly recommended.