What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

29 December 2015

Goodreads Challenge 2015

I've now adjusted my goal on this challenge so many times I'm not really sure where I started-- 60, maybe? I adjusted it down a few weeks ago when it became obvious I was storming through books in a hurry just to meet my goal. If the challenge ruins the reading experience, then it's not really much use.

So, ever since then, I've upped the goal by one book every time I finished a book, just to have a goal in front of me. I'll probably get to 49, maybe 50 if I find a really short book. *grin* This is my fifth year doing the challenge, and the lowest number of books I've read yet, but whatever. 2016 is a new year with no grad school or spousal death in it, so here's to getting my yearly reading total back up to 100+ books where it belongs.

(On a side note: I really wish I'd kept better track of the books I read as a kid. That would be a fun record to have now. Oh, well.)

My list of my favourite books of the year is still coming, honest! Look for it Friday or Saturday. You know, in case I read a book that's fabulous in the next two days but didn't share it because I'd already posted my list. (That's a little thing I learned from Austin Kleon, by the way.)

Do you set yourself reading challenges? Do you use Goodreads' (or a similar site's) challenge? How was your reading in 2015?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you read "Love That Dog" by Sharon Creech? If not, do it! It's short. And beautiful. My best friend's favorite book.

J E Oneil said...

You definitely don't want to ruin the reading experience! That's the best part. I can't wait to see your list. Maybe you'll find that fabulous short book :)