What are we talking about today?

Some days have themes. I don't necessarily post something in each of these topic areas every week.

Sunday: Church-related or spiritual things.
Monday: Running.
Tuesday: Books.
Friday: Green living.

02 August 2016

Reading Challenges Update: July

Here's what happened with my reading challenges in July. I'll probably bump up the "I Love Libraries" challenge goal again, but I'm holding off on that until I land in the city that I plan to stay in for a while. (Fingers crossed that happens in the next couple of weeks.) "Read it Again, Sam" and "Mount TBR Challenge" are likewise in a holding pattern until my books and I are back in the same space. And I've completed the highest level available of the Women Challenge!

As for the Goodreads Challenge-- by my count, I have 43. They say I have 44. I'm going with their number, but wondering where I lost a book somewhere.

Links are to and images are from Goodreads, where all my reviews are written.


I Love Libraries Challenge (35/36 books so far)
Dear Teen Me: Authors Write Letters to Their Teen Selves, E. Kristin Anderson (ed.) & Miranda Kenneally (ed.)
Spinster: Making a Life of One's Own, Kate Bolick
The Odd Woman and the City: A Memoir, Vivian Gornick
The Penderwicks at Point Mouette, Jeanne Birdsall
Yes Please, Amy Poehler
Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things, Jenny Lawson
Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader, Anne Fadiman
Texts from Jane Eyre: And Other Conversations with Your Favorite Literary Characters, Mallory Ortberg
The More of Less: Finding the Life You Want Under Everything You Own, Joshua Becker
Inside Out Girl, Tish Cohen

Read It Again, Sam (3/4 books so far)


Woman Challenge CHALLENGE COMPLETED (20 books)
Dear Teen Me: Authors Write Letters to Their Teen Selves, E. Kristin Anderson (ed.) & Miranda Kenneally (ed.)
Spinster: Making a Life of One's Own, Kate Bolick
The Odd Woman and the City: A Memoir, Vivian Gornick
The Penderwicks at Point Mouette, Jeanne Birdsall
Yes Please, Amy Poehler
Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things, Jenny Lawson
Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader, Anne Fadiman
Texts from Jane Eyre: And Other Conversations with Your Favorite Literary Characters, Mallory Ortberg
Inside Out Girl, Tish Cohen

Mount TBR Challenge (6/20 books so far)
Inside Out Girl, Tish Cohen

Goodreads Challenge (44/100 books so far)
Dear Teen Me: Authors Write Letters to Their Teen Selves, E. Kristin Anderson (ed.) & Miranda Kenneally (ed.)
Spinster: Making a Life of One's Own, Kate Bolick
The Odd Woman and the City: A Memoir, Vivian Gornick
The Penderwicks at Point Mouette, Jeanne Birdsall
Yes Please, Amy Poehler
Furiously Happy: A Funny Book About Horrible Things, Jenny Lawson
Ex Libris: Confessions of a Common Reader, Anne Fadiman
Texts from Jane Eyre: And Other Conversations with Your Favorite Literary Characters, Mallory Ortberg
The More of Less: Finding the Life You Want Under Everything You Own, Joshua Becker
Inside Out Girl, Tish Cohen

What are you reading this month?

2 comments:

Crystal Collier said...

That's a diverse group of books! I don't get that diverse in any given month. Typically I read a TON of fiction, and just as much inspirational. That's it.

Su Wilcox said...

Mine varies-- sometimes I'm reading a bunch of books that are all more or less the same, other times I read books that may as well be from different planets. My brain stays nicely confused that way.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...