What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

04 October 2016

Reading Challenges Update: September

Here's what happened with my reading challenges in September. I completed the I Love Libraries challenge and thought about bumping up my level one final time, but... with moving and job hunting as my current reality, and NaNoWriMo on the horizon, maybe adding library books to the mix as one more thing to keep track of is not a good idea. Edit: I just noticed that my Mount TBR Challenge is supposed to be 24 books, not 20. Took me all the way until October to notice.

So my reading picked up a bit in September, and now that I'm back in the land of public transportation, I've gotten a LOT of reading done the last three days. I've read more in October than I read in August and September combined... but you'll have to wait a few weeks to hear more about that. (Or we can just be friends on Goodreads, and you can reader-stalk me in real time.)

Links are to and images are from Goodreads, where all my reviews are written.


I Love Libraries Challenge CHALLENGE COMPLETED (36/36 books)
M*A*S*H Goes to Montreal, Richard Hooker & William E. Butterworth III (I borrowed this one from a Little Free Library!)


Read It Again, Sam (3/4 books so far)


Woman Challenge CHALLENGE COMPLETED (34/20 books)
Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl, Harriet Jacobs
The Good Life, Jodie Beau
Make Your Place: Affordable, Sustainable Nesting Skills (DIY), Raleigh Briggs
Homesweet Homegrown: How to Grow, Make, And Store Food, No Matter Where You Live, Robyn Jasko, Jennifer Biggs (Illustrations)


Mount TBR Challenge (13/24 books so far)
Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl, Harriet Jacobs
The Good Life, Jodie Beau
Make Your Place: Affordable, Sustainable Nesting Skills (DIY), Raleigh Briggs
Tent of Blue, Rachael Preston (Note: I did not finish this book; it just wasn't for me. However, it is now off my TBR list, which is what's required for this challenge.)
Common Sense, Thomas Paine
Homesweet Homegrown: How to Grow, Make, And Store Food, No Matter Where You Live, Robyn Jasko, Jennifer Biggs (Illustrations)
Paradise Valley, Dale Cramer
Reinventing Mona, Jennifer Coburn (another DNF that's now off my to-read list)


Goodreads Challenge (55/100 books so far)
M*A*S*H Goes to Montreal, Richard Hooker & William E. Butterworth III
Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl, Harriet Jacobs
Bike Snob: Systematically & Mercilessly Realigning the World of Cycling, Eben Weiss (BikeSnobNYC) & Christopher Koelle (Illustrations)
The Good Life, Jodie Beau
Make Your Place: Affordable, Sustainable Nesting Skills (DIY), Raleigh Briggs
Common Sense, Thomas Paine
Homesweet Homegrown: How to Grow, Make, And Store Food, No Matter Where You Live, Robyn Jasko, Jennifer Biggs (Illustrations)
Paradise Valley, Dale Cramer


What are you reading this month?

No comments: