What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

02 November 2016

#NaNoWriMo 2016: Day 2

I'm technically working on two projects this NaNo, but one of them is my fallback for when I'm stuck on the main project and need to give my brain a break to get back on track. After a couple of NaNos when my main project fell over and refused to go any further halfway through the month, I'm being proactive. That said, all of my first/last lines will be from my main project, currently titled Stay With Me, unless I'm so stuck I couldn't even get out two sentences that day.

First line: Josie's obsessions tended to come and go, and there was no keeping up with them.

Last line:
"What have we just let ourselves in for?" Claire asked.
"A life-enriching experience," Meghan said. "Or maybe just Josie talking less."
"I feel enriched already," Claire said with a grin.

Words today: 1030
Total words: 1137
Words to go: 48,863

1 comment:

Crystal Collier said...

Yay! Progress. Here's wishing you speed and sending cheese to entice the muse out to play.