What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

02 January 2017

On the Ninth Day of Christmas

For the 12 Days of Christmas, I'm sharing second, third, or otherwise not-first verses of popular Christmas carols.


This photo is called
"Papai Noel de Bicicleta."
Y'all know I'm not about to
walk away from that.
Image source:
Juliana Castro on freeimages.com.
"The First Noel"

By: We don't know, but a bunch of folks had their hands on getting it to the form we sing today.

Written in: It was published in Cornwall in 1823, so... before that.

I have thoughts: I'm running out of ways to say "I love this song!" Although I suppose even that is redundant, because it's not like I'd include a song I hate in this little series, is it?

Verse: Verse five is the one I don't know, so here it is:
Then entered in those Wise men three
Full reverently upon their knee
And offered there in His presence
Their gold and myrrh and frankincense.
Noel, Noel, Noel, Noel
Born is the King of Israel!
Watch: (I've never heard of Aldrich and James until I went looking for a video for this song. Holy smokes. Definitely want to hear more of them!)



Sources:
Wikipedia
Metro Lyrics

No comments: