What are we talking about today?

Some days have themes. I don't necessarily post something in each of these topic areas every week.

Sunday: Church-related or spiritual things.
Monday: Running.
Tuesday: Books.
Wednesday: Transportation.
Friday: Green living.

18 October 2011

Book Festival!!!

I don't see there being much new reading for me in the next few weeks-- I didn't even finish my last two library books, and had to return them-- so Teaser Tuesday is going to have to happen without me.

Poor, neglected library.
But I am going to snag a few hours this weekend to go to the Texas Book Festival. I don't even remember how I found out about it last year-- I think it was a fellow blogger-- but it was brilliant and I'm headed back again for Round 2. At least one writer who I've read recently is going to be there (Juan Williams) and I can't wait to hear him.

Plus, there are a lot of other cool people who I haven't yet heard of on the schedule. And Paula Deen. How cool is that?? Not that I get to go to her session; it happens during church on Sunday, and there's a long gap between her and the next session I want to go to, so I can't really justify going just to sit around for a few hours.

So! If you're around Austin this weekend, drop by the book festival! And hey, if you are around, let me know and we can drop by the same food trailer at the same time.

Have you ever been to a book festival? Are you going to be in Austin this weekend? Am I crazy for skipping Paula Deen?

No comments: