What are we talking about today?

Some days have themes. I don't necessarily post something in each of these topic areas every week.

Sunday: Church-related or spiritual things.
Monday: Running.
Tuesday: Books.
Wednesday: Transportation.
Friday: Green living.

05 November 2012

The Ten-Minute Update

My bus comes in exactly 20 minutes. I'd better make this quick.

I haven't died, fallen in a hole, or been cut off from the internet. I'm not in exile, prison, or a Cone of Silence. I didn't decide to be done with blogging forever.

Captain Underpants at the Texas Book Festival. Pic taken
on my phone, so it's not the best. Sorry!
What I have done is finally reach that point that so many other people have... I come home from work and discover that I've used up all my creativity on my employer and now I've been sucked dry. Austin Kleon talked about that a little bit at the Texas Book Festival last weekend, and he's totally correct. I absolutely must do my writing in the early morning or there's nothing left afterwards.

So! Completely mired in NaNoWrimo, starting to glimpse the finish line of my first semester of grad school, busy busy at work, and some other things going on that I'm not ready to share publicly. I miss you all! I promise that I'm not gone forever, and I can't wait to come around and read all your blogs once I finally get a handle on that 'time management' thing.

And my time is up. Bus coming.

Quick update time! What's going on with you?

2 comments:

mybabyjohn/Delores said...

We'll all be here when you have time again.

Su Wilcox said...

Aww, thanks! I keep wanting to pop by and catch up on your blog, but I know the second I do that I'll be sucked into reading blogs for hours. :/