What are we talking about today?

Some days have themes. I don't necessarily post something in each of these topic areas every week.

Sunday: Church-related or spiritual things.
Monday: Running.
Tuesday: Books.
Friday: Green living.

20 December 2013

Solar Pump

Source: BikeTexas Twitter feed. Which is run by me, in fact, but I didn't take
the picture. Anyway. I posted the pic there and then decided to post it here, too.
There's a small solar powered charging station that moves around Austin. I've seen it in a few places, including at UT, and have used it a couple of times. To judge from some of the stickers on it, it may have started at South by Southwest at some point.

This week, it landed at BikeTexas, where I work. It will be sitting in front of my office for a few months, ready to charge up laptops, iPods, phones, and even electric bikes (but not electric cars-- not enough amps, or something). I'm pretty excited about it.

So, my plan to get the most out of this little venture is to go outside at least once a week to plug in my laptop or phone and enjoy the solar station for as long as we have it.

Is there a solar charging station near you? Have you ever used anything solar powered?

3 comments:

Delores said...

I haven't seen anything like that around here. The only thing solar I have experience with is the solar garden lights we use and my calculator.

Su Wilcox said...

I love those solar lights. I'd get some if I had a yard to put them in.

J E Oneil said...

I can't think of anything solar powered that I've used, and I know I haven't seen any solar pumps around. Too bad. That sounds like a cool idea.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...