What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

03 January 2012

Reading, Reading

I enjoyed keeping a list of the books I read in 2011 here on the blog. It was nice to have a place to collect all the Teaser Tuesdays and reviews (even though I gave up on the reviews pretty quickly). I liked it so much, in fact, that I'm launching a sequel, similarly titled Books in 2012. There's not much to see yet, although I did manage one book already.

I'm having a hard time narrowing it down, but here are some of my favourites among my 2011 reads (these links are all to Goodreads):

P.J. Hoover's Forgotten Worlds trilogy
What's Mine is Yours
The Story of Stuff
Across the Universe
Contact
No Impact Man
Uglies
The Princess Diaries
Dash and Lily's Book of Dares
A Dirty Job
The Brief History of the Dead

Source.
Currently, I have 549 books on my Goodreads to-read list, which is a bit ridiculous even for me who reads books like they're on fire. (That is to say, much too quickly.) But, I hate to miss anything, so my question for you today is:

What should be on my to-read list? What's a gem you found in 2011 that I must read ASAP? What are some of your favourites?

6 comments:

Liz A. said...

I used to keep a list of all the books I read. Then I started 9th grade. I've been meaning to get back to it (and sign up for Goodreads). One of these days...

Su said...

Wow, really? My Goodreads account was my first attempt at keeping track. What's really fun is when it recommends me a book I read years ago but forgot about. And then I can add it to my "read" list. :)

Deniz Bevan said...

Ooh, you too? I'm doing a post on that for tomorrow! It's fun to look back over a year of reading.

Su said...

Yay! Can't wait to read it. :)

erica and christy said...

I tried to do a mental list of books I read, but it was impossible. Not that I read that many, but I have a really bad memory! Thanks for your list and the links!
erica

Su said...

I don't think I could keep a mental list! Much too complicated! I can barely manage to write it down in two places.