What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

31 January 2012

In My Mailbox #4

One thing I love about college is all the free stuff. Somebody is always handing out stuff on campus-- usually something small like pens or cups, but we also get CDs, t-shirts, and books.

Technically, then, this book was not in my mailbox, but was shoved into my hands as I was walking to class one day last week. And who can argue with that? I haven't started reading it, but from the blurb it seems to be fantasy. The girl handing them out said I should listen to the CD while reading, which makes me wonder how fast I'm supposed to read it.

Also, look how pretty! I love the cover of the book and the CD. There's no telling when I'll get to read it, but in the meantime, it looks great on my shelf.

What's in your mailbox?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing wrong with free.

Natalie @ TheFirstKitchen.com said...

I got one of those too! I'm really interested in it, even though I doubt I'll have time to read it until spring break or summer.

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Did either of you try the CD? I would have been so curious. Heck, I am curious and I didn't get one :)

Liz A. said...

Oh shoot, must run out to the mailbox. Although, I don't expect anything good today.

Su said...

@Delores: That's what I said!

@Natalie: I know... it's going to be on my shelf for a while.

@Mary: I am curious, but the CD player on my computer broke a couple of weeks ago and I have no 'real' CD player any longer! :(

@Liz: It would be brilliant if something were there! (As long as that something wasn't a bill.)