What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

09 February 2018

Be a Light

How do you make the world a better place?

I'm wondering this because I first started making Friday my environmentally friendly theme day many years ago, when over the course of many conversations it became evident that easy earth-friendly things I thought everybody was doing were in fact quite the opposite. So I started writing them down. Some stuff is just so much fun to do and I'm bummed that everyone hasn't figured it out yet. You can turn kitchen scraps into dirt! Old clothes into pillows! Why wouldn't everyone want this kind of magic in their lives?

It's choose-your-own-metaphor day here at Cheekyness.
Source: Sorina Bindea on freeimages.com.
And despite the fact that I intend to continue making my footprint on the earth as light as possible, current trends in governmental thinking be darned, I don't want to lose sight of all the other ways of making the world a better place.

I would like people to recycle more and litter never. I would like, in this place of abundance, for everyone to not waste so much stuff. I would love for the people who think it's no big deal to send other people death threats on social media to retreat into the lifestyle of an internet-free hermit and let the rest of us get on with being not-horrible humans. We could probably do all those things at once.

Make the world better for your having been in it today. I'll do the same and we'll meet later to talk about how it went, okay?

No comments: