What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

25 December 2009

Happy Holidays! (Part 1)

So I have, once again, heard the opinion of everyone around me. This seems to happen a lot.

And this time around, it's about what we call this special time of year.

You see, some of the PC, or non-celebrating, or just plain lazy among us like to say "Happy Holidays". I'm sure there are even some mean-spirited, anti-Christianity, or just-plain-grumpy people who do the same thing out of the meanness of their hearts.

And in the other corner are the people who will beat the living daylights out of you, or would, if not for fear of being sued, if you don't say "Merry Christmas" at Every. Last. Opportunity.

Then, there are those in the middle, who can't for the life of them understand what the fuss is about but do wish you would just pay for your shopping and move on, so they can do the same.

Put me in the "lazy" group.

You see, in a period of five or six weeks, we have Thanksgiving, St. Nicholas Day (if you are into that sort of thing), the Immaculate Conception (likewise), Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day. That is a LOT of holidays in a short time, and I'd like for you to enjoy all of them. Therefore, when I say, "Happy Holidays!" it is not because I don't love Jesus, it's because I love you. And I don't want to take up five minutes of your time listing all the holidays that I hope are happy for you. And those are merely the Christian & secular holidays; I didn't even mention the "other" holidays happening during the same time. (I'll save those for later.)

Therefore, it is with the sincerest desire to not waste any more of your time that I say, Have a very Happy Holiday today. And tomorrow. And twice next week.

1 comment:

Kate said...

I'll stick with Happy Thanksgiving, Merry Christmas, and Happy New Year----I'm too busy to even think about all those other days! LOL!