What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

21 April 2007

Spring is here

And I would not bother announcing that, except we are certainly getting the spring weather.

I've been reading in the paper lately that we are getting a wetter year than usual because it has been an El Nino year. Apparently, we will (at some point) be coming out of El Nino and into La Nina, which will give us a hot and dry summer. (Causing me to wonder, do we have La Nina every year?)

So, blah blah blah weathercakes, we are under a tornado watch. Again. So I have the window open to watch for the tornado. And if it does make an appearance on my street, I am fully prepared to dive under my bed. Because while I don't mind being the last one to see the tornado, I do mind the tornado being the last thing I see.

No comments: