What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

07 April 2012

G is for Goat Cheese

Today's guest blogger is Jordan (also known as TARDIS girl), another fellow consultant at the Undergraduate Writing Center, co-founder of Frenzied Novelists, and all-around fun person. Jordan and I have been friends ever since we were at a random meeting in January of 2011. She saw me and said, "Hey, aren't we in class together?" I said, "Yeah. Is that a TARDIS on your backpack?" We really didn't have much choice about being friends after that. Jordan blogs at The Kitchen Klutz.

TARDIS girl, here, ladies and gentlemen. I have a confession. I am a goat cheese addict. Despite its high price, I buy about 8 oz every week and use it in a variety of dishes. Goat cheese has a multitude of uses. Eat it alone, in a quiche, in a pasta, on a salad -- it’s the perfect accompaniment to so many things. Here is an adapted version of a Giada de Laurentiis recipe, the recipe to which I owe my addiction and my unreasonable grocery bill.

Source: Slightlynorth on flickr.
Goat Cheese Toasts

3 tablespoons olive oil
8 oz goat cheese (Montchevre brand)
4 oz cream cheese
Parsley, thyme, and oregano to taste
1 tsp lemon juice
Salt to taste

Crostini or bagel crisps, about 36

Pulse all ingredients in a food processor. Spread over crostini and let your addiction begin.


Find more goat cheese-related recipes at The Kitchen Klutz.

Cheers!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! :)

Ella said...

You made it sounds good!
My grocery bill...will not be happy, lol
Thanks for sharing, it does sound amazing!

Su said...

It does sound yummy! I'll have to try it ASAP.