What are we talking about today?

Some days have themes. I don't necessarily post something in each of these topic areas every week.

Sunday: Church-related or spiritual things.
Monday: Running.
Tuesday: Books.
Wednesday: Transportation.
Friday: Green living.

30 April 2012

Z is for Zenzizenzizenzic

Dear Readers, thanks for joining me for the A to Z Challenge. I'll be back to my regular blogging nonsense tomorrow. (Yes, I know that's not much different than during A to Z. Pffft.) Today, my dear husband Chadwick takes us out with a mathematical bang and a real word that has not one, but six Z's in it. He's always been a bit of an overachiever.

Remember when you were a child learning to spell words like M-i-ss-i-ss-i-pp-i? Me too. Did you ever have to learn Zen-zi-zen-zi-zen-zic? I didn't. Probably because it is obsolete. So, why am I writing about it?

This is the best I could
do. Hey, it's math-
related! And related to
my favourite math show,
Square One. Source.
When I finally started my New Year's Resolution (you know, in April), I saw that I had exactly 256 days to work on it. Guess what? Yep, 256 is zenzizenzizenzic. In fact, it is the largest three-digit number that has that designation. "Cool," I thought.

Cool? I am a square.

Square. That is what zenzic means. Zenzizenzizenzic is the square of a square of a square, or something to the 8th power. "I like power." "I need power to work on my New Year's Resolution." Yeah, I know, you were thinking it too.

What was my New Year's Resolution? Get into shape, of course. Sadly, I started with 256 days left, but I weighed more than that in pounds. But, I worked toward zenzic and made it. That was four days. I am currently working toward zenzizenzic, or sixteen days. I'm not doing as good as I was the first four days, because apparently the power is in the numbers, not my body. But that is another story.

Now, I know what you’re thinking, “This does not deserve an A.” You are right. It deserves a Z.

4 comments:

mybabyjohn/Delores said...

I'm willing to bet no one else will use that word. Great job.

Carole Anne Carr said...

Isn't it great, reaching Z - well done!

michelle said...

I'm dashing about on a last minute blog-hopping spree, before the A to Z officially ends (in a few hours...)

Original Z-word! Nobody will think of using this word. Well done!

The Golden Eagle said...

That's a really cool word!


The Eagle's Aerial Perspective

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...