What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

28 August 2007

Bourne Again

Yep, we saw the third Bourne movie Saturday. I really liked it-- almost as much as I liked the first one. I don't think I liked #2 as much, and I'm basing this belief on the fact that I don't really remember it.

So here's my chief complaint about Ultimatum: the entire darned movie was filmed with jiggly cam. I had motion sickness by halfway through the film. I thought about going out into the lobby for some water and non-moving scenery, but I didn't want to miss anything! It took an hour of lying down once I got home to convince my body that we weren't really going anywhere.

Good thing I never saw The Blair Witch Project. The previews for that movie alone were enough to make me ill.

1 comment:

Kar said...

That seems to be a up-and-coming thing in movies. Firefly and Serenity do it a little (Joss Whedon series/movie--have you seen it?), but not in a way to give me a major headache--theirs is just an "in-the-moment" casual style of camera work and I like it. But I feel for your head because once in high school, our teacher was bent on us seeing a movie but the tracking was jumping horribly and she couldn't fix it. My head hurt so bad after that.