What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

08 May 2012

Teaser Tuesday #20

I should keep track of who recommends books to me. That would be the polite thing to do. This book came via someone in the blogosphere, about a year ago: Step forward and be recognized if you remember blogging about this one! Otherwise, thank you, anonymous blogger!

Source: Goodreads.
Timothy, or Notes of an Abject Reptile, Verlyn Klinkenborg

In thirteen years I have never been dropped among the boys' swift feet. Never kicked head over tail. Never rolled through the village along my equator.










teasertuesdays32
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be ReadingAnyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well that's a unique opening. Life from the viewpoint of a reptile.

Unknown said...

Took me some time to figure this out, fascinating point of view.

Kittie Howard said...

The magic came together: the appealing cover, the intriguing title and how you're reading a long ago recommended book. Jotted it down for TBR. Thanks.