What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

24 October 2015

How Lucky We Are to Be Alive Right Now

If you haven't listened to the Hamilton soundtrack yet, my goodness, what are you waiting for?

I have listened to it, many many many times in the month that it's been out, and I am so addicted. To judge by my Twitter feed, everyone I know on the internet is likewise addicted, which makes my theatrical heart dance every time I log on and see all the Hamilton references flying around. And if you can listen to it without crying, you're either stronger than I am (not that hard to be) or dead inside.

Eliza lived 50 years past Alexander, y'all. Fifty years, in which she accomplished a crap-ton of stuff. I'm barely able to cope with this first year, and the closest I've come to accomplishing anything at all is melting a bunch of crayons and hanging the results on my wall. Eliza Hamilton was obviously better at life than I am.

Anyway. I've listened to the soundtrack so many times that I'm surprised when I hear someone else's music in passing and they aren't listening to Hamilton. It's great running music. It's great working music. It's going to be perfect music for NaNoWriMo. So perfect, in fact, that I made this:


Which is my new motto for NaNoWriMo, and probably the rest of my life. How lucky we are, indeed.

Have you been listening to Hamilton? Do you have a favourite bit?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for introducing me to Hamilton! That's good stuff.

Su said...

Yeah, it is. I wish I had a fraction of Lin-Manuel Miranda's genius.