What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

15 May 2007

Hurray for Lynne Truss!

The author of Eats, Shoots and Leaves and Talk to the Hand has confirmed, once again, my preference for British writers. Sorry, American and Canadian writers, I know many of you are wonderful as well, and with any luck I will someday join your ranks, but British writers are absolutely unbeatable.

So if you haven't read these books by Lynne Truss, by all means please do so. If you can read the entirety of either one without laughing out loud, then I'm afraid there is really no hope for you.

No comments: