No New Year-- at least, not in my lifetime-- will ever top 2000, when the news reports had rolling coverage of the new "millennium" arriving in each time zone. That. Was. So. Cool.
But, hey, 2011 is pretty good, too. Not as good as 2002, though, when I was doing this:
And clearly, I don't want to spend my anniversary writing a blog post. So I'm writing this a few days in advance, so you have something to read while I'm off eating cake and toasting another year with my Prince Charming.
I made a list of goals/resolutions/whatever for 2010, and I'm afraid to go look. I'm sure it's not pretty. But the nice thing about New Year is that it always comes round again! So, some goals for 2011:
1. I'm going vegetarian again. It's not because I'm overly concerned about the fate of the animals that I eat (I'm not that kind, unfortunately), it's that I just don't like cooking meat. I discarded my veggie-eating ways when I married Chad, because I didn't think it was fair to inflict my vegetarianism on him, but he has agreed to either go along the veggie path or cook his own food, depending on how he feels and what I'm eating.
2. I'd like to learn how to make my own yogurt.
3. I've been toying with the idea of the 100 Thing Challenge for a couple of years now. Every time we move, we get rid of stuff, to the point that we don't have a lot of major stuff any longer. We do, however, have a lot of odds and ends. I'd like to cut down on the odds and ends, organize the stuff we actually need into a sensible system, and get on with our lives.
4. Reading. I will keep reading. There are a lot of new books coming out this year that I'd like to get my eyes on.
5. I have two works in progress that I want to finish, with an eye toward querying by the end of the year. I don't have a specific timeline on this yet, but stay tuned.
6. I haven't yet set mileage goals for my running and cycling. I'm mulling them over. In the meantime, I have two time goals, one major and one incidental, for the year-- 1:00:00 for the 10K (major!) and 0:30:00 for the 5K (if I can meet the first one, I ought to be able to meet the second one, too).
So, there you go. Do you have any goals/resolutions/whatever for 2011?