What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

24 December 2016

Second Verse

As pretty as this, "O Christmas Tree"
will not be one of the songs included.
Source: Julia Tikhonova on
freeimages.com
.
For my own amusement, and in defiance of the fact that I've only just got my blog themes set again, I'm going to do a little thing for the 12 Days of Christmas (which starts tomorrow, December 25th, no matter what your local retailers or that one friend on Facebook say).

This is inspired partly by last Sunday at church, when we sang a verse I've never heard of a Christmas carol. That in itself isn't terribly unusual--some Christmas carols have like 15 verses--but it occurs to me that I may not be the only person who doesn't know more than a verse or two of a whole bunch of songs.

So! For the next 12 days, I'll share a verse--anything but the first one--to some of my favourite Christmas carols. We'll see if this turns out to be a good idea or just too much.

In the meantime, Happy Christmas to all, and to all a good, erm, day. I post these pretty early in the morning, and it's not nighttime yet.

No comments: