What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

29 March 2009

The Sunday News

We don't take the paper. Not even on Sundays.

But there are people who sell the Saturday & Sunday papers at intersections all over town every Sunday morning. And my usual thing is to buy one if I get stopped by a red light on my way to church.

Today was one of those days. I love the smell of a newspaper, and the feel of it-- there is something a bit nostalgic & old-fashioned about reading the Sunday paper in this era of instant Internet news.

And I often find a comic to clip for our refrigerator.

No comments: