What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

07 April 2009

Dona Nobis Pacem

So it struck me the other day that I don't hear many prayers for peace.

It's not like I was around for them, of course, but what I hear and read from all the wars of the 20th century is that God's people were continually praying for peace. But upon reflection, all the prayers for peace that I've heard in the last few years were from old people. In other words, people who have been there and done that before.

For this war, though, I've heard lots of praying for our soldiers, lots of praying for our leaders (both good ideas, mind you!), but not much just for peace.

So now I'm praying for peace. I only wish it had occurred to me a few years sooner. Feel free to join in.

And for your viewing enjoyment, the cast of M*A*S*H does just that:

No comments: