What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

12 April 2014

K is for Knit.

It's the A to Z Challenge, where every day I share my favourite book or series of books that starts with that day's letter. Kinda.

Today's is another stretch. I have two books on my Goodreads list that start with K, and I didn't like either of them enough for them to be on this list. So, I give you:

At Knit's End: Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much, Stephanie Pearl-McKee





Image from Goodreads.




Somebody, please, tell me there are great books that start with K that I'm missing out on!

6 comments:

Birgit said...

Oh...I don't think I would pick up that book. I like to meditate but not through knitting:) I have read King Arthur and his Knights and I also have a book called Knights which talks about the knights of medieval times and how they are romanticized.

Stephanie Faris said...

Hmmm... I can't think of any that start with K right now, but I'm sure I'll think of one later!

Visiting from the A to Z blog signup page. Great to meet you!

Stephanie Faris, author
http://stephie5741.blogspot.com

Su said...

Birgit: There is no actual meditation involved, so it's kind of an odd title! Just cute little stories about what it's like to be a knitter. Thought about King Arthur for this one, but I've really only read the Once and Future King series, so I didn't think I could stretch it that far. Great suggestions, though-- I'll add those to my to-read list!

Stephanie: Nice to meet you, too!

S.A. Larsenッ said...

You know what? Any book on self examination and meditation has some value in it. This one sounds quite calming. Thanks for sharing it!

Sheri at Writer's Alley

Home of Rebel Writer CREED 2014
Mighty Minion Bureau Team #atozchallenge

David P. King said...

That is a very clever title (I'm a pun fan, so that's a plus). :)

Su said...

SA & David: It's definitely a fun book!