What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

27 September 2008

Happy Birthday, Google!

That has nothing to do with my post.

So, I have spent my week watching TV, and consoling myself in my obsession by making sure to get all of my training runs in (6 weeks until my 1/2 marathon!) and by doing my transcription course during the commercials. Does that count as not-quite-obsessed?

And I watched a couple of shows this week that I don't plan to watch regularly (CSI: Miami and ER), but I did want to see the premier. Really, I have three shows that I plan to watch weekly: NCIS, Criminal Minds, and Life. And Criminal Minds is still on the fence. So I may not be as deeply in as I thought. :)

Anyway! TV talk over. We ran a long run this morning (9 miles, except that I took a wrong turn at the beginning, so it was more like 9.5), then went to the Step Out: Walk for Diabetes event (conveniently held in the same park where we run).

The Diabetes walk was spectacularly successful, at least from my standpoint as a participant. They got off at the scheduled time, which to me is only just short of miraculous. Most of the people I saw walking were smiling, laughing, and otherwise having a good time. And the free food afterwards wasn't bad, either.

Speaking of free things, the Coke tent was handing out bottles of Fuze. One bottle of that stuff and I am totally hooked. Too bad it's so expensive.

No comments: