What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

06 April 2013

F is for Food

The dreaded Freshman 15. I've now managed it twice. (Lost it all the first time; still working on peeling off the second go-round.) While I don't claim to have all the answers, I do know that vending machines on every corner and clubs enticing students with free pizza will do some damage. I was amazed at how much food was available at any given moment when I was at UT.

More of this, less of the cupcakes.
Image source: jmcmurdo on
stock.xchng.
In grad school? Well, doing it online changes things a bit for me, but there's still the snacking while studying or the stress eating to deal with. I'm fighting pretty hard to avoid the MA 15, although this month may be my undoing. Because seriously, I want to eat ALL THE FOOD. Always.

What are your alternatives to stress eating?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

what???? there are alternatives???? are you sure?????

D.E. Malone said...

Ahh, I remember those days well. Now I try to carry something healthy with me when I get the urge to eat (which is ALOT). Great blog, new follower.

J E Fritz said...

Stress eating rice crackers. They have very few calories and are both crunchy and salty. It works quite nicely.

Grace Grits and Gardening said...

UT? Yay. A Texan? :) yes

Melissa Sugar said...

I remember the freshman 15- ugh. Mine was mostly from beer and pizza. Wow. That was such a long time ago . At least, when you are young, it is easy to lose it. Hi, I am a new follower from the challenge

Unknown said...

I am the WORST stress eater!! If I could find an alternative I'd be thrilled!
Connie
A to Z buddy
Peanut Butter and Whine