What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

06 April 2017

E is for Echo #AtoZChallenge

Join me on the A to Z Challenge: I'll share a different thing from my new home, Cincinnati, every day for 26 days in April.

The building is
Sharlie-approved.
(Sharlie is my bike.
 She's named after
Charlotte Brontë.)
I had the best of intentions of doing research on the beautiful building where Echo Church meets (we rent part of the building on Sundays, and that's all I've bothered finding out so far), but sometimes things just don't work out. My boss has a massive book filled with Cincinnati's history that I should probably ask to borrow one of these days and this building is probably in it. It obviously began life as a church, but that's literally all I know about it.

Anyway! You may remember I did quite a bit of hand-wringing trying to find the church that would essentially be my Red River Junior, and I'm happy to say I have. And while they're lovely and wonderful, this post is essentially to show you how pretty the building is.

While I was taking pics on Sunday morning, I heard my sister-in-law telling someone they were for the blog. So whoever that was: here it is!


Probably my favourite two of the stained-glass windows.
And of course, the view of the old stuff is slightly obscured by the
(necessary) new stuff.


I thought I got a pic of that window from
the inside, but since I didn't, here it is from the
outside instead.

No comments: