What are we talking about today?

Some days have themes. I don't necessarily post something in each of these topic areas every week.

Sunday: Church-related or spiritual things.
Monday: Running.
Tuesday: Books.
Wednesday: Transportation.
Friday: Green living.

10 April 2017

H is for Hamilton #AtoZChallenge

Join me on the A to Z Challenge: I'll share a different thing from my new home, Cincinnati, every day for 26 days in April.

Hey, look! I managed to use Hamilton two A to Z Challenges in a row! Come back in 2018 and we'll see if we can make it a three-peat.

This time around, though, I mean this:

which is the county I live in, not this:

which is a musical I'm pretty sure I'm going to be the last of my friends to see.

So my thing has been for a while that I only moved to Hamilton County because Ohio doesn't have a Valjean County. Indeed, there does not seem to be a Valjean County in the entire country, although there are the Valjean Hills in California and postal code 24601 in Virginia. Hamilton it is, then.

For a government building, the county courthouse isn't terribly ugly:

I was hoping one of the quotes on the façade would be a
quote from Alexander Hamilton, but alas, it was not to be.
(Why not, I don't know, because he wrote quite a lot of stuff down.
The building could be covered in his quotes and there would still
be some left over for a book in the main lobby.)
We do get Micah 6:8, though, at least the bits of about doing
justice and loving mercy.

Also at the courthouse. I kind of want to meet the
unheard-of birds, but there didn't seem to be any around
yesterday morning. Which is, obviously, a real bummer.


I always stop to read historical markers, except the ones on 60-mph roads.
Those I tend to pass by. This marker is relatively new, even though the
events described happened in 1884.
Read about Sherrif Hawkins in a more reasonable print size here.

No comments: