What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

09 April 2016

H is for Hamilton

I wonder how much one of these
runs on eBay?
Source: Wikipedia.
Hamilton

Opened Off-Broadway January 20, 2015 and on Broadway August 6, 2015.

Currently: There's like a nine-month wait for tickets. It's not going away any time soon.

Music, Lyrics, & Book: Known genius Lin-Manuel Miranda

BasisAlexander Hamilton, Ron Chernow

Everybody knows about: It's a hip-hop musical about the 10-dollar Founding Father. He's not throwing away his shot.

I have thoughts: The sooner this show goes on tour, the better. (Most people I know are keen to see the original Broadway cast while they're all still originally casting. That's less important to me; I just want to see it.) In the meantime, let's hear that cast album again.

No comments: