What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

29 April 2016

Y is for You're

You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown

Source: Wikipedia.
Originally opened Off-Broadway March 7, 1967. Transferred to Broadway for a limited run in 1971.

Currently: Check your local community, high school, or college theatre. (An Off-Broadway revival is coming this summer.)

Music & Lyrics: Clark Gesner

Book: John Gordon

Basis: Charles M. Schulz's comic strip Peanuts

Everybody knows about: It's a musical about a beloved comic strip. What more do you need to know?

I have thoughts: I've never seen it, although I do hold the Peanuts characters near and dear to my heart, as so many people do. And hey, another musical that Kristin Chenoweth was in! It's hard to argue with that.

Have you seen You're a Good Man

2 comments:

Jenni at talking hairdryer said...

Yes! Heritage Middle School did it the year before we moved. Bubba was Charlie Brown.

Su said...

I vaguely remember this event (or pictures from this event, anyway)! LCU also did it while Chadwick was still there, but we missed it for some reason. Lots of folks we know were in that one.