What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

16 April 2016

N is for Next

Somewhere, there has to be a pic of
shirtless Aaron Tveit from this show.
But this one works, too.
Also, yes, this is the second time in the
A to Z Challenge that I've shared a pic
of Aaron Tveit.
Source: Pinterest.
Next to Normal

Originally opened on Broadway April 15, 2009, after a short off-Broadway run

Currently: In regional theatres.

Music: Tom Kitt

Lyrics & Book : Brian Yorkey

Everybody knows about: I'm not sure that everybody knows about this show, which is a shame.

I have thoughts: This show is basically my life anthem right now. I went months last year during which I basically couldn't get out of bed without turning the soundtrack on. Some days I still feel like that. Good thing "Just Another Day" is the first song. Since it is a tremendously sweary musical, I'll repeat my usual warnings that I'm not to be held responsible if you choose to investigate and you get offended. I did warn you! (My favourite song, "Light," contains no swearing and is a good one if you just need a pick-me-up.)

No comments: