What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

25 April 2016

U is for Urinetown

Another musical about a revolution.
How many of those am I up to now for
this A to Z challenge?
Source: Theatre Arlington.
Urinetown: The Musical

Originally opened Off-Broadway on May 6, 2001, transferring to Broadway later that year

Currently: I ran across a couple shows while Googling. If you're in Arlington, Texas, or Salem, Oregon, you can go see some actors not pee in your neighborhood.

Music: Mark Hollmann

Lyrics: Mark Hollmann & Greg Kotis

Book: Greg Kotis

Everybody knows about: They have to pay to pee.

I have thoughts: I've never seen this one, but it's hard not to appreciate a musical that's one long parody of so many things, including my beloved Les Mis. If it were on near me, I'd probably go see it.

No comments: