What are we talking about today?

Some days have themes. I don't necessarily post something in each of these topic areas every week.

Sunday: Church-related or spiritual things.
Monday: Running.
Tuesday: Books.
Wednesday: Transportation.
Friday: Green living.

25 April 2016

U is for Urinetown

Another musical about a revolution.
How many of those am I up to now for
this A to Z challenge?
Source: Theatre Arlington.
Urinetown: The Musical

Originally opened Off-Broadway on May 6, 2001, transferring to Broadway later that year

Currently: I ran across a couple shows while Googling. If you're in Arlington, Texas, or Salem, Oregon, you can go see some actors not pee in your neighborhood.

Music: Mark Hollmann

Lyrics: Mark Hollmann & Greg Kotis

Book: Greg Kotis

Everybody knows about: They have to pay to pee.

I have thoughts: I've never seen this one, but it's hard not to appreciate a musical that's one long parody of so many things, including my beloved Les Mis. If it were on near me, I'd probably go see it.

No comments:

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...