What are we talking about today?

Some days have themes. I don't necessarily post something in each of these topic areas every week.

Sunday: Church-related or spiritual things.
Monday: Running.
Tuesday: Books.
Wednesday: Transportation.
Friday: Green living.

04 April 2016

C is for Cyrano

Source: Wikipedia
Cyrano de Bergerac

Premiered in 1897 in Paris. The English-language version opened on Broadway in 1923.

Currently: In the U.S., the play is in the public domain. Check a theatre near you.

Book: Edmond Rostand

Everybody knows about: Cyrano had a huge nose.

I have thoughts: I saw a friend in this show a little over a year ago, and there was one moment that I thought was incredibly sad and was getting all misty. Meanwhile, the rest of the audience was laughing, and I still don't know what funny thing was happening then. When I asked my friend about it later, he said there's never any telling how an audience will react to anything. Anyway, for a sad show it's quite delightful.

Have you seen Cyrano?

4 comments:

Crystal Collier said...

I love that one! Although, admittedly, I've only seen filmed versions of the show. I agree, it is rather sad, and humorous at the same time. I think often we wrap the tragedies of life comedy to make them sting a little less.

C is for Cheese

Su Wilcox said...

I've never seen any of the film versions! I seem to be in the minority among my friends when it comes to seeing all the versions of Cyrano.

Jessica Byers said...

I've never seen the stage version.But I do love Roxanne with Steve Martin!

Su Wilcox said...

I'd forgotten about that movie!