What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

14 September 2010

Yep, it's shiny & new!

Okay, I admit it, it's shiny & same-old. New look, same drivel.

Yes, I have known for quite some time that my blog was tired and blah, but I have not been that interested in de-blah-ing it. (I'd like to see what my linguistics teacher would do with that!)

But, when someone who has a pretty nice-looking blog himself suggested it was time for an upgrade, and more importantly, offered to help make it pretty, I was totally happy to agree. And please, when you see the word "help" in the previous sentence, do interpret it as "figure out something for me so that all I had to do was continue being happy". I've looked through other blogger templates about a dozen times, but could never rip off the Band-Aid myself, so to speak; I couldn't part with navy & forest green without outside intervention. Enter Brandon, who does blog interventions with the greatest of ease.

I would illustrate this post with a picture of Brandon, but I don't have one, so instead, here's John Wayne's head chiseled in stone, which (as far as I know) is still on display in the LCU library. Brandon does not resemble a stony John Wayne in any way, although Brandon and John Wayne's head lived in the same city for a few years. If you'd like to see what Brandon actually looks like, click the link above & check out his blog.

And I hope everyone enjoys the new blog look as much as I do.

2 comments:

Denyce said...

When you said that someone wanted to do an intervention, my first thought was that it sounded like something Brandon would do, but that maybe you had others who would also do that. Just a couple weeks ago, he so graciously told us that changing the line spacing on our blog would be good. So, we did. I guess we just all obey this guy, huh?

Su said...

I hope he always uses his powers for good.