What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

05 July 2008

One Day More

I got up early (technically, late, but who gets up at 5:30 on a Saturday?) this morning so I could run for an hour before watching Venus & Serena Williams play spectacular tennis. If you missed their match, you missed out!

So in the course of the match, one of the commentators mentioned that the Williams sisters rarely complain, and that they don't take a point that they don't earn. Which, of course, adds to the enjoyment of watching them. They aren't prima donas, they don't whine, they don't stir up problems in their press conferences as so many atheletes are prone to do. They are polite and gracious, and hard workers who go out and play great tennis.

Long may they play.

No comments: