What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

11 June 2007

I loathe Wal-Mart.

My title has nothing to do with the rest of my post, it's just something I feel compelled to express from time to time.

So I went to said object of my loathing this evening in search of some decaf tea bags, and I rode my bike. (Chad had the car; gas prices ridiculous; need more exercise anyway.) Chad phoned me just as I had pulled into the parking lot, so I stopped near a convenient cart corral to answer. After I hung up, I realised what a funny picture that must have been; iPod in one ear, phone in another, riding a bike. In west Texas.

Well, so I'm only partly into the 21st century. :)

3 comments:

Kar said...

Er...you should write a sonnet. About how you loathe Wal-mart. I don't know why, it just seems like it would fit well.

This post's word verification: "upfur" - Texanism.
"What movie do you want to see?"
"I dunno; what're you upfur?"

Hee hee.

Su said...

Ah, so that's where the word verifications come from. The Texas-American dictionary. :)

I'll get right to work on that sonnet.

Kar said...

(lol) Well...I don't think they all come from there..