What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

31 March 2011

The Alphabet Does Come in Handy

Tomorrow I, along with many other bloggers all over the place, will begin the A-Z challenge. So tomorrow, when you see all your usual blogs have posts beginning with "A", just remember: Yes, it's a conspiracy. And possibly an April Fools' Joke, but only in the broadest sense.

And in case you'd still like to join in: Click here, where you'll read this:
           The premise of the Blogging From A to Z April Challenge is to post something on your blog every day in April except for Sundays.  In doing this you will have 26 blog posts--one for each letter of the alphabet.   Each day you will theme your post according to a letter of the alphabet.
              You will only be limited by your own imagination in this challenge.  There is an unlimited universe of possibilities.  You can post essays, short pieces of fiction, poetry, recipes, travel sketches, or anything else you would like to write about.  You don't have to be a writer to do this.  You can post photos, including samples of your own art or craftwork.    Everyone who blogs can post from A to Z.
This picture has nothing
to do with the A-Z
challenge. I just like
greenery.
And you can sign up while you're at it. Come join it! It will be fun! And practically painless!

In completely unrelated news, my original blog giveaway winner has declined her prize. So, the new winner is... Rachel Morgan!

Are you participating in the A-Z challenge? Do you have a suggestion as to what I should blog for any of the letters (because, as is my wont, I've not bothered preparing for it)? Are you Rachel Morgan?

17 comments:

Unknown said...

I've joined and hope I can keep up! :0)

Mary@GigglesandGuns said...

Obviously I'm not Rachael but congratulations to her.

Ideas for A-Z, are you kidding? I've still got three blanks myself. When it's too late I know all kinds of thoughts will present themselves. lol



GigglesandGuns

Elizabeth Twist said...

I am Rachel Morgan (*shifty eyes*)....

Just kidding. I *am* doing the A-Z challenge. I've already got my A-D ideas lined up, but they are subject to change at any moment.

Here are some suggestions, mostly because I'm having fun leaving random words on people's blogs:

Abalone! Abacus! Alabaster!

Broken! Bummer! Brat!

Couch! Creepy! Crazy!

Downtrodden! Drudge! Drowsy!

Good luck with the challenge, guys. With 860 participants, we should pick up a few more readers by the end of the month.

Talli Roland said...

Yay! It's going to be fantastic. Looking forward to your posts!

Linda Bob Grifins Korbetis Hall said...

hope that you have fun...

I worry I could not get it done, posted A already.

Unknown said...

That twisty Elizabeth was trying to steal my prize!

Hehehe... thank you so much!

I am seriously unprepared for A - Z... I like abacus though :-)

Anonymous said...

Panicking with everyone else but looking forward to it just the same.....
bulldozer
orchids
formula 1
nintendo
anaconda
periwinkle
blissful
pride
http://mybabyjohn.blogspot.com/

Su said...

@Carole: Me, too! I think I have an "A", now working on "B". This is going to be a long 26 days...

@Mary: Only three blanks left? You're practically done! ;)

@Elizabeth: This could totally turn into an "I'm Sparticus" kind of thing. And those are all great suggestions. Although I totally didn't realise there were 860 participants! There were like 100-ish when I signed up. (I think... it's been a while ago.)

@Talli: Right back atcha! This will be fun.

@Jingle: I should probably get on that. Actually, I should probably get my homework done, then get on that. :/

@Rachel: Don't worry; she never would have passed the security test. ;)

@John: More good ideas! I definitely like Formula 1!

Arlee Bird said...

Of course I'm participating in the Challenge. I'd better. Have a great time with it.

Lee
Tossing It Out
Twitter hashtag: #atozchallenge

Jeff Beesler said...

I just went through my iTunes to come up with song titles I can pay homage to as I dance and headbang my way through the alphabet.

Su said...

@Arlee: Yay! I'll be using the hashtage, early and often.

@Jeffrey: Cool idea!

Charmaine Clancy said...

I haven't prepared anything yet either, so will just be coming up with whatever I can relate to writing from that letter, x should be interesting.
:)

Sarah Allen said...

Good luck! We'll see how this goes :)

Sarah Allen
(my creative writing blog)

Misha Gerrick said...

What are you going to do for the challenge?

Good luck!

:-)

Su said...

@Charmaine: I'll probably end up doing that, too.

@Sarah: Good luck to you as well! At least we're having fun!

@Misha: I have no idea... we shall see!

baygirl32 said...

best of luck with the challenge, it should be great fun

http://baygirl32.blogspot.com

Su said...

You, too! I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone else is doing.