What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

08 March 2011

Teaser Tuesday #6

Revolution in a Bottle, Tom Szaky

"Tom, did you look at the barn before you leased it?"
"Of course I did...Is there something wrong?"
"You could say that. It doesn't have any electricity, for one thing."
--
We still demand that our products be outstanding, not only in their ability to accomplish the job, but also in their appearance and durability.



I've gotten on a memoir/documentary-esque kick with my reading again (I suppose it would be fair to say that I never got off the last one). This one is written by the founder of Terracycle.



teasertuesdays32
Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be ReadingAnyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

4 comments:

Tanya Reimer said...

"Where are you?" Ron kept muttering out of the corner of his mouth. "Are you still there? This feels weird..."

Sound familiar?
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban J.R. Rowling
Thanks's right, I'm deep in the Potter series, studying the art of writing for my kids. Fun books.

Unknown said...

Rosey's is a tough juke joint on the edge of the marsh in an old-fashioned part of Florida. Tourists don't go there, they've got more sense..
from Mama Makes up her Mind (and other dangers of Southern living) by Bailey White, author of Quite a Year for Plums.

Golden Eagle said...

Great teaser!

Su said...

@Tanya: I think I'm up for a HP re-read once the semester is over. It can be my reward! ;)

@Carole: I love the title AND the teaser! I'll have to add that one to the list!

@Eagle: It totally cracked me up! I'm not up to that part of the book yet, so I can't wait to find out what the barn is for.