What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

13 April 2016

K is for Kinky

My signed playbill from the tour stop in
Austin. The signature next to the K is
J. Harrison Ghee, the amazing Lola in
the current tour cast. In addition to being
a lovely person who is so kind to crazed
fans, he's also definitely worth a follow on
Instagram
.
Kinky Boots

Originally opened in Chicago October 2, 2012, then on Broadway April 4, 2013. (The movie predates the musical.)

Currently: Still on Broadway. Also in the West End, Toronto, Melbourne, and touring the U.S.

Music & Lyrics: Cyndi Lauper

Book: Harvey Fierstein

Basis: 2005 film Kinky Boots

Everyone knows about: Amazing. Red. Boots.

I have thoughts: Wow, this is an amazing show. The tour cast that I saw was fabulous, but I'd give a lot to get to see the original London cast (Killian Donnelly, who's been in many things I like, plus has basically played every role in Les Mis, is the original West End Charlie). Or to go back in time a couple months and see Wayne Brady on Broadway. Eventually I'll get the cast album, because it's that good. Never saw the movie version, though. And I was surprised to find out this didn't originate in the West End. All this time I've presumed it did.

Have you seen Kinky Boots? Don't you want to get your hands on those amazing boots?

2 comments:

J Lenni Dorner said...

J here, of the #atozchallenge Arlee Bird's A to Z Ambassador Team.
How has the challenge been going for you so far? Are you meeting your goals of posting and hopping to other blogs?
My blog's giveaways are still going! I'm encouraging everyone to visit more stops.
http://jlennidornerblog.what-are-they.com
I've followed your listed social media.
Nope, I haven't seen it. Heard of it though!

Su said...

Cool, thanks for stopping by!