What are we talking about today?

Some days have themes. I don't necessarily post something in each of these topic areas every week.

Sunday: Church-related or spiritual things.
Monday: Running.
Tuesday: Books.
Wednesday: Transportation.
Friday: Green living.

03 February 2007

Super Bowl!

This is going to be another one of those times when everyone thinks I've gone mad. Now I like the Super Bowl, right, but most years I like it because it brings the American football season to a close. I do not like American football-- it bores me to tears. Please don't bother telling me how it is actually more interesting than any sport I like. I've tried it-- it does not appeal. Having said that, I have been a fringe Colts fan my whole life. By which I mean, I check the score the day after they play, and read the occasional article. So I was delighed two Mondays ago to see in the paper that the Colts will be playing in the Super Bowl! More reason to like it, I say!

In celebration of said occasion, I will be decking myself out for the party with our Bible study group. I have blue and white ribbons for my hair, I'm hoping to find some blue face paint cheaply somewhere tomorrow, and if I truly go off the deep end, I may buy some cheap Kool-Ade and dye my hair blue with it. If anyone reading would care to loan me some blue nail polish, I would appreciate it. This will be the first-- and, unless I am taken over by the pod people sometime in the next year, last-- time that I put this much effort into a football game.

And after all those preparations, I will probably spend the game doing hair wraps on little girls, or otherwise playing with the kids. Did you read my first paragraph? American football is boring!

2 comments:

sparquay said...

So, you didn't try the Blue Kool-Aid, did you? That can turn out to be quite disastrous when it rains. You end up with a blue forehead as well.

I was actually going for the Bears, but alas, they did not win. Oh, well.

Su said...

I decided that face paint and hair dye were a waste of money, alas. But I was delighted with the game's outcome, nevertheless.

ShareThis

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...