What are we talking about today?

I'll get back to theme days once I find a groove of posting regularly. In the meantime, most of my posts are about some variation of books, bikes, buses, or Broadway. Plus bits about writing, nonprofits, and grief from time to time.

This blog is mostly lighthearted and pretty silly. It's not about the terrible things happening in the world, but please know that I'm not ignoring those things. I just generally don't write about them here.

22 June 2010

Saving the Planet


Apparently, trips to Indiana aren't that interesting. Fine, fine.

I had jury duty the Monday we were back, so I dutifully loaded myself into the Citibus for the trek downtown. Where I found out I wasn't needed. Cool. But I had already missed the next bus back to the office, so I had to content myself with hanging around the terminus for an hour. Ugh. I'm so glad I remembered my iPod.

And then, the fun part: I finally got to ride on one of the new hybrid buses! I was so excited when it pulled up; it looked so modern, so earth-friendly, so... exactly like every other Citibus. Except that it's actually a teensy bit smaller inside. But, I was still quite chuffed over finally getting to board that thing.

And then back to work, where there was a stack of questions waiting for me. And where reality seems to have set into my coworkers about my imminent departure. Oh, how I hate coming back after vacation.

No comments: